How do I set up e-mail accounts in Outlook 2016
1. Open Outlook 2016 from the Start menu.
2. If this is the first time you open Outlook, you'll be asked to create a new account.
3. Click Add Account under Account Information.
4. From the new screen, you can either choose Auto Account Setup, select Manual setup or additional server types to set up your account manually.
Choosing Auto Account Setup:
This option automatically configures all of the settings, just using your email address and password.
On the Add Account screen, enter the following information:
Your Name: Your first and last name
Email Address: Your email address
Password: Your email password
Retype Password: Your email password, again
Note: If this way doesn't work, please proceed and choose the manual setup instead.
Choosing Manual Account Setup:
1. From the Add Account screen, select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
2. Fill in the information in the next window:
Your Name: Type your first and last name
Email Address: Type your email address
Account Type: Select IMAP or POP. We recommend POP (this way the emails are saved to your local PC).
Mail Servers: Incoming and outgoing mail servers are the same. Use mail.example.com, where example.com is your domain name or use the servername provided in your Welcoming Email if your domain is still not pointed to us.
User Name: Type your email address
Password: Type your email password
3. Choose More Settings.
4. In the General tab, type the name by which you want to refer to this email account.
5. Click the Outgoing Server tab. Check the box indicating your outgoing server requires authentication, and choose the option to use the same settings as your incoming mail server.
6. Click the Advanced tab. You will need to type in the port numbers here. Refer to the information below:
The ports are: POP3 -> 110, IMAP -> 143 and SMTP -> 25 or 2525
The SSL Ports are: POP3 -> 995, IMAP -> 993 and SMTP -> 465
7. Click Okay.
8. Outlook will configure your mail client by testing your account settings. Once the process completes successfully, click Close.
9. Click Finish to proceed to your account.