Drupal Optimization Steps
DRUPAL OPTIMIZATION STEPS
Please follow the steps below in order to optimize your Drupal application and speed up your website:
1. Update to Latest Version.
- To run updates, navigate to Reports → Available Updates, you can then click on Check manually to scan for additional updates.
2. Utilize Caching.
- To enable, navigate to Configuration → Development → Performance, enable Cache pages for anonymous users and also Cache blocks, you can then choose a time value for minimum cache lifetime and expiration of cached pages, click on Save configuration.
3. Image Optimization.
- To change, navigate to Configuration → Image toolkit, you can then change the % amount and click on Save configuration.
4. CSS/JS Aggregation.
5. Disable Unnecessary Modules.
Here are some modules you can disable if you don’t need the functionality for your site:
- Administration Development tools
- Devel node access
- Field UI
- Rules UI
- Views UI
- Module Filter
- Database Logging
- Statistics (this module writes to your database on every page load. If you are using Google Analytics you probably don’t need this.)
- Update Manager (if you have a dev to prod migration environment there is no reason you need the update manager polling drupal.org all the time.)