Enabling NODE.JS (VPS/CLOUD Cpanel)
First of all in order for NODE.JS to be installed correctly to your system the following software should be enabled as well - bzip2-devel and python.
Below are the commands you need to execute via SSH beforehand to verify software’s version and availability.
CHECK BZIP2-devel AVAILABILITY:
# rpm –qa bzip2-devel
- If the output is null then you should install it on the server , you can check through below command, if it is available or not in your yum repository:
# yum list bzip2-devel
Output: Available Packages bzip2-devel.i686 1.0.5-7.el6_0 base
- If you don't get this output you should install bzip2-devel package through the below command:
# yum install bzip2-devel
CHECK Python Version AVAILABILITY:
- To check Python version installed on your server, please execute below command:
# python -V
Output: Python 2.6.6
- Python 2.6.6 or later should install on server, If you are running the latest version of cPanel , python will be already on the latest verson. If you have an old version, please upgrade cPanel before the next steps, this can be achieved with the following command:
# /scripts/upcp --force
Now we are going to install node.js on /usr/local/src
- Go to the directory first:
# cd /usr/local/src
- Download node version v5.5.0.
- Uncompress the downloaded archive file via below command.
# tar -zxvf node-v5.5.0.tar.gz
- After the uncompress, go to the extracted directory.
# cd node-v5.5.0
- Check the path where you are, via below command.
- Run below command to configure node on /usr/local directory to compile and install.
# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local make make install
- Now NODE.JS will be installed on server. To check the node version run below command.
# node –v