How do I set up Mail for Mac OS X?
To configure your email (SMTP Authentication) on a MAC OS, please follow the steps below:
1. On the Apple Icon menu, click System Preferences.
2. Click Internet Accounts in the System Preferences menu.
3. Select Add Other Account...
4. Choose add a Mail Account.
5. On the next tab write down your email account and click Sign In.
6. On the next window fill in the following details:
- Email Address: - should be pre-filled with the value you've entered in the previous screen
- Username: - enter your full email address as username, i.e [email protected]. It will be used both for the incoming and outgoing connection
- Password: - enter the password for your email account
- Account Type: - it's set to IMAP by default. Unless you specifically want to use POP3 you should leave it that way
- Incoming Mail Server: - add mail.yourdomain.com unless you have a specific MX records configuration for your domain name
- Outgoing Mail Server: - same as the incoming server
Once you fill in the formation click Sign In to complete the setup.