How do I set up e-mail accounts in Outlook 2000?
- Step 1. Open Outlook.
- Step 2. Click Tools, then Services.
- Step 3. Click Add in the Services window. The Add Service to Profile box appears.
- Step 4. In the Add Service to Profile box, select Internet E-mail, and click OK. The Mail Account Properties window appears.
- Step 5 On the General tab of the Mail Account Properties window: Enter a friendly name for this account. The value entered in this first box is cosmetic: it is not necessary for Outlook to function properly. In the Name field, enter your name, as you want it to appear in your messages From field. The Organization field is optional; it can be left blank. In both the E-mail address and the Reply address fields, enter your complete email address. Click the Servers tab, at the top of the Mail Account Properties window.
- Step 6. On the Servers tab of the Mail Account Properties window: In the Incoming mail (POP3) field, enter mail.example.com, replacing example.com with your actual domain name. In the Outgoing mail (SMTP) field ValueWeb recommends that you use the outgoing mail server for your ISP (your internet service provider). If you wish to use Mochahost's outgoing mail server, you can enter: mail.example.com, (replacing example.com with your actual domain name.) However, please note, that there are restrictions when using our outgoing mail server. To read more about these restrictions, please see our related article on SMTP restrictions. In the Account name field, enter your email address. In the Password field, enter the password that you set up for this mailbox. If you want Outlook to remember this password for you, place a check mark next to Remember password. Click the Connection tab, at the top of the Mail Account Properties window. Outlook should automatically choose the best connection method for your computer. Users with a high-speed connection should have Connect using my local area network (LAN) selected. Dial-up users should have Connect using my phone line selected. Click the Connection tab, at the top of the Mail Account Properties window. The only setting that users should adjust on this page is the slider bar for Server Timeouts. We recommend setting this to the maximum value of 5 minutes. Click OK. The Add Service To Profile windows appears, explaining that you must restart Outlook before using this account. Click OK. The account you just created appears in the Services window. Internet E-mail accounts are distinguished by the friendly name that you assigned in Step 5. If you ever need to modify the properties of an account, you can reach this point by clicking Tools, then Services.