How to Enable webmail.domain.com to open SmarterMail
1. You will need to stop the SmarterMail Service first, this can be done by opening the Services tool and right-clicking on the SmarterMail Service > click Stop.
2. Open the IIS, right click on the Application Pools and choose Add Application Pool...
- Name the new Application Pool SmarterMail
- Set the .NET Framework to v4.5x
- Set the Application Pools Managed Pipeline to Intgrated
- Make sure Start application pool immediately
- Click OK.
3. Now you need to add SmarterMail Website to the IIS, on the left side of the page, right click on Sites in the tree view and choose Add Website...
- Name the site SmarterMail
- Click Select and choose the correct Application Pool 'SmarterMail'
- For the physical path browse to the SmarterMail > MRS folder. The default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\MRS
- For Binding, choose your Server Main IP
- Make sure Start Website immediately is checked
- Click OK.
4. Start the SmarterMail via the Services Tool.
5. Go to the IIS > Sites > SmarterMail website and right click on it.
6. In the Bindings... , click Add , change the IP to your Main Server IP and for Host Name add the webmail.domain.com (the URL that you wish to redirect to the SmarterMail login page).
7. That's it, you can now use http://webmail.domain.com to open your SmarterMail.